|Are you a freelance journalist? Have you considered becoming a freelancer? Do you wonder if freelancing is right for you? Learn more about the world of freelancing with an educational workshop brought to you by the Central Ohio Pro Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Panel discussions featuring working professionals will cover everything from how to determine if freelancing is right for you, to the ins and outs of running your own business.|
Join SPJ on Saturday, March 2 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Dublin Integrated Education Center at the Ohio University Dublin Campus. Panel discussions include:
9 a.m. - Is Freelancing Right for You?
- Kathy Lynn Gray, Freelance Journalist
- Brock Schmaltz, Freelance Communications Professional
- Jeffry Konczal, Freelance Photographer
10 a.m. - How to Market and Brand Yourself
- Laura Petrecca, Freelance Writer, Editor, Strategist. Laura Petrecca.com
11 a.m. - The Business of Being Self Employed: What You Need to Know to Establish & Run Your Business
- Jack Gravelle, Attorney, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, LLP
- Sarah Mills Bacha, SMB Communication, LTD
- Ginny McCabe, Freelance Journalist and Author
- Sue Schnitz, Accountant, Perfect Balance
Networking begins at 8 a.m. with programming kicking off at 9 a.m. Tickets are $15 for SPJ members and students and $20 for non-members. A continental breakfast and snacks will be provided.
Post a Comment